On Sunday, March 10, 2019, ManhattanTechSupport.com LLC’s team members participated in the annual “Cycle for Survival” fundraiser to defeat rare cancers. The team proudly raised over $4,000 for this important cause and over $41 million was raised nationwide. With over 50% of cancer patients diagnosed with rare cancers, there simply isn’t enough funding to carry out essential research that will aid patients with viable treatment options. 100% of the funds raised during “Cycle for Survival” go to lifesaving research led by the prestigious Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
“I couldn’t be prouder of our team making the effort to support this great movement – and to partake in such a cool event. Everyone has had cancer impact their lives in one way or another. Knowing that 100% of the money we raised will be used by Memorial Sloan Kettering – one of the most respected cancer centers in the world – to further their exceptional research and revolutionary clinical trials helping patients worldwide is just awesome.” – Christian Ugolini, Co-Founder & CTO – Software Development at ManhattanTechSupport.com LLC.
Download this one-page guide to learn more: Access here
Some quick facts:
- Cycle for Survival was founded in 2007.
- 100% of funds raised go directly to research at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK).
- All funds are allocated within six months of the event.
- $220 million has been raised by Cycle for Survival to date.
- Cycle for Survival has directly contributed to 100+ clinical trials and research studies.
- In 2018, roughly 1.7 million people were diagnosed with cancer in the United States.
- Approximately 50% of people with cancer are battling rare cancer; rare cancers include brain, pancreatic, ovarian, thyroid, and stomach cancers; leukemia and lymphoma; all pediatric cancers; and many others.
- Each year MSK treats more than 400 subtypes of cancer.